Students from 2 to 6 years old visited Valdelatas forest to work on Autumn and water.
The Outdoor Classroom is for the first year in our school. The activity is carried out within 2 groups of students, ages 4-5 and ages 5-6. With this proposal, we hope to:
- Achive one of the main goal and challenge of SMOL project: Ourdoor Learning
- Incorporate the utilization of a close public space within our cultural and physical urban reality (a nearby park) in our daily educational activities
- Get to know a concrete space within our physical and affective environment from a global perspective
- Understand, appreciate, and utilize the park as a space to enjoy (games, outings, natural aesthetics…), to learn (observing, investigating, and relating…), and in which to participate (park care and improvement).
– OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Activities will take place in Lineal de Palomeras Park on Mondays and Wednesdays from October to May. Schedule: 10:10-11:40 a.m. In total there will be 48 expected sessions: 12 sessions / group.
– ACTIVITIES IN THE SCHOOL: The outdoor activities will be related to other workshops and classes: cooking, science, ICT and photography, mathematics, art, reading and writing, etc. This doesn’t imply a substitution of one activity for another, rather it implies a coordinated action between the two workshops (or classrooms) and those individuals in charge in order to compliment and enrich all experiences.
We have just been too two days of fishing after crab and fish. The experience of getting a fish or crab, are priceless. The children was over the moon when they each got either a fish or crab. When we put them in the box with water, the children could investigate them further. They picked them up, compared sizes and looked at the differences between each fish.
Here`s a movie from todays catch.
How to make papirflowers come alive, cut some flowers from a papir, fold the corners, color it, and then put it in the water. Then slowly watch what happens.
Se for your own eyes