The Outdoor Classroom is for the first year in our school. The activity is carried out within 2 groups of students, ages 4-5 and ages 5-6. With this proposal, we hope to:
- Achive one of the main goal and challenge of SMOL project: Ourdoor Learning
- Incorporate the utilization of a close public space within our cultural and physical urban reality (a nearby park) in our daily educational activities
- Get to know a concrete space within our physical and affective environment from a global perspective
- Understand, appreciate, and utilize the park as a space to enjoy (games, outings, natural aesthetics…), to learn (observing, investigating, and relating…), and in which to participate (park care and improvement).
– OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Activities will take place in Lineal de Palomeras Park on Mondays and Wednesdays from October to May. Schedule: 10:10-11:40 a.m. In total there will be 48 expected sessions: 12 sessions / group.
– ACTIVITIES IN THE SCHOOL: The outdoor activities will be related to other workshops and classes: cooking, science, ICT and photography, mathematics, art, reading and writing, etc. This doesn’t imply a substitution of one activity for another, rather it implies a coordinated action between the two workshops (or classrooms) and those individuals in charge in order to compliment and enrich all experiences.